Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Thirteen


So today, I am going to amuse you with my current fave songs, many of which are on my ipod for my workouts.  Please remember that I have kids, so some of these songs become embedded in my head and heart against my will and before I know it, I am singing along to them on the radio, all the while thinking how horrified some of my friends would be.

Okay, here you go, in no particular order:



  1. "The Climb" Miley Cyrus.  Scary, eh?  I am not a huge fan of her voice, but I love the song.  Great inspirational lyrics. "Always gonna be another mountain.  Always gonna wanna make it move.."
  2. "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.  She sucked live on the Grammy Awards but on the radio, this song is catchy as hell.  Yes, I am embarrassed to admit it.
  3. "Fireflies" by Owl City.  I don't even know what this song is about.  Dreaming maybe?  idk, but I love it.
  4. "Put a Ring on It" by Beyonce.  Not a fan of hers, but ever since I watched the football players on "Glee" do this, I was sold.  Great song to run to..it has the right beat.
  5. "I'm Yours" Jason Mraz.  Makes me do hand motions in my car to it while I am driving.  Don't ask; I don't get it either.
  6. "Bubbly" Colbie Caillat  Absolutely silly song.  I lurve it.
  7. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield.  Another song with meaningful lyrics. "Reaching for something in the distance, so close you can almost taste it, release your inhibitions..."
  8. "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" KT Tunstall.  I chair dance to this...might not be pretty but I have a good time.
  9. "Bad Day" by Daniel Powder...I found an upbeat version of this on Limewire iTunes that is great for my workouts.
  10. "Man in the Mirror" by MJ.  I have always loved this song and what it stood for.  Powerful.
  11. "Right Round" Flo Rida.  I don't think I will ever get tired of this song, even though I always feel the urge to start kickboxing when I hear it...even if I am in the middle of a store.
  12. "Dream Big" David Cook.  Again, great lyrics that move me.  "'Coz if you don't dream big what's the use of dreaming? If you don't have faith, there's nothing worth believing.  It takes one look to make the stars worth reaching for... So reach out for something more."
  13. "Halo/Walking on Sunshine" The Glee Cast.  Great beat and has me pumping on the elliptical like nobodies bidness.  All good, baby.

So there ya go. My Thursday Thirteen!

Thursday Thirteen is a little blogger meme. Come play with us, if you'd like!



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by!

    Loved #4 with the football squad dancing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little tip...for workouts, I arrange the songs on my iPod by Beats Per Minute. That way I can start it off a little easier and work my way up. Then I work in a cool down at the end with songs that have a slower beats per minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe we have the same taste in songs! :) I wish I lived by someone closer to keep me motivated to run. I need to start exercising and just can't seem to find it in me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, I have similar tastes in music so the couple that I'm familiar with I'm gonna listen to - I especially need new workout music, so I'll be downloading those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, this site provides the best of the best articles. I do home cardio myself. This is a great inspiration for my training and blogging ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. >>"Put a Ring on It" by Beyonce.

    Have you seen the video of the baby dancing to this? Hilarious!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikTxfIDYx6Q

    ReplyDelete