Monday, March 29, 2010

Laying Low on Monday


So no work happened today at all; did not go to work and did not work out.� I know.� *GASP*� Instead, Tod and I went thrift shopping in PA, though I found very little.� A pair of pants and a teeshirt, and a pair of bib overalls for my youngest.� We also stopped at a produce market and I picked up some stuff there as well as a book at Wonder Book.� We had lunch in a little cafe that served the best cream of crab soup I have ever had and it is apparently their Claim to Fame as the waitress told us.� Really good.� Had a half of a yummy good sandwich too...again delish (I like that word despite the fact that it came from Please Shenk Me Rachel Ray.�



Then it was home and to the library where I checked out a few cookbooks and the book "Food Rules" that I had on hold.� I've discovered that maybe I don't hate cooking; what I think I hate is getting stuck in cooking ruts, too afraid to experiment too much, but here's the deal, dawg.� The Brit has been making amazing Sunday night dinners that he has never made before.� One was a Jamie Oliver recipe and I'm not sure where the other two came from, but damn, they were good.� Yesterday was a chicken in blackberry sauce that was to die for.� But his trying this new stuff is making me feel a little bit braver, which is why I checked out some cookbooks today; two Jamie Oliver�and the Cooking Light Best Recipes from 2009.� It still have to be healthy; no crap food or fried food.� Must be nutritious and there must be greenery present.� We'll see what I can dig up.



So tomorrow it is back to work with a newsletter to put out in four hours, and then to the grocery store.� Home for awhile before kickboxing and then right from there to the church for a music rehearsal.� Hell week has begun (not to be confused with Holy Week...it is still holy, just for me it is also insanely busy!), but I am kidless Thursday and Friday and Monday and Tuesday, as I am working.� So Friday after work, all the female youth group members are going for pedicures, then meeting up with the guys for lunch.� I am looking forward to that as being at the end of this insanely busy week.� The Praise band sings at the Thursday night service and I am involved in a Good Friday dramatic reading.�



Okay, off to pour over recipes!




2 comments:

  1. Never be afraid of food...or cooking. The food can't hurt you, well unless you're allergic to it...but you should be aware of that! Cooking can't hurt you, well unless you're a total klutz and then just be careful (knives are knives whether they're being used as a weapon or a utensil). Like I told Tod last night after I'd made a way too salty gravy to go with my fabulous Crock Potted Pork Loin, "The trick is simply to hide the worst part." So, if you screw up on something, hide it. Throw it away, turn that side down, a good sauce covers any mistake! The people eating it will never know and you'll have a secret (perhaps a few) to take to the grave with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to get into food ruts when cooking. I have so many cookbooks, and there are so many great recipes online. I know you're cooking for a family, so it's a little more challenging for you, but embrace it and take it as your next challenge! You'll do amazingly well! :)

    ReplyDelete