Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kick It!


 Kickboxing tonight was awesome.  Jack was feeling very social and quite funny and as always he is amazingly observant for having a huge class full of people.  He's been doing a tiny bit of yoga-ish stuff at the end of our floor work and one of the positions requires us to sit on our knees.  Well my knees aren't into that so much, so I alter things so I don't have to do that and last week he apparently noticed as he spoke to me about our other floor work tonight.  For example, when we are on our knees and elbows doing leg/butt work, he asked how I was dealing with that.  I explained some nights it wasn't too bad, that one knee plays me up more than the other one and when it was bad I had to stop for a minute.  As we were having this conversation before class started, he offered me an alternative solution to the exercise of lying on my back and raising my ass cheek with my leg in the air kinda thing.  I told him he had lost me, so down on the floor he went to show me.  This is why I lurve this man.  He is funny, attentive, but more importantly, he is a teacher.  He makes the class enjoyable, pays attention to the participants and points out any errors anyone is doing which could cause injury. 

So, good class tonight and it has to last me two weeks as Jack won't be there next week and the gal who covers for him I cannot freakin' stand.  So maybe I will try to pick up another class next week because I enjoy the group setting to break up the monotony of my solitary workouts.  I would love to have a workout partner but it is not in the cards right now, so the weekly kickboxing give me some camaraderie with other people with similar goals. 

Now with that being said, after my two mile run yesterday, I felt every squat and kick tonight as if it were the first time.  My calves felt tight and my thighs ached, but by the end of the workout I felt looser.  Of course tomorrow is a scheduled run day, so that will be the true test of stamina.

Wish me luck.



1 comment:

  1. Hey there stranger! For some reason you're not showing up on my reader.. :( Congrats on the running, and it sounds like you have a great instructor for the kickboxing class. I need to get back out there.. I've been a slacker! :(

    ReplyDelete