Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Am I PMSing or Are They?


Good grief, they have been making me insane the last twenty-four hours!��Seriously!� The Brit came home cranky last night, so when that happens I try to just not say much.� Then my youngest son went to bed with his ipod and closed his door, both of which are no-no's because he lays awake watching movies or whatever on the thing and then has school in the morning for which he becomes next to impossible to get out of bed.� So last night a little after ten, I went upstairs to find his bedroom door closed and upon opening it, not only was a cat trapped in there (I had been hearing a cat cry for 30 minutes but when you have six, someone is always talking) but he was lying in bed watching a movie and immediately pretended to be asleep.� I unplugged the ipod from his headphones, said "Nice fake, son." and left the room.� He has lost ipod privileges for two days.



The teenager drinks all his milk (we have resorted to buying each boy a 1/2 gallon of milk a week, because the teen was sucking down half a gallon in one morning because there was Quik in the house, leaving after two days, no milk for younger son or husband, though he rarely drinks it). So teen ran out of milk and then started on younger son's�milk, which led to whining and complaining.� I no longer buy chocolate for the milk, so maybe going back to the gallon in the answer.� Whoever said boys were easier did not have my boys.



So yesterday, the weather cooperated enough that I was able to go run at the fairgrounds and did WAY better than I did Friday.� Ran more of it than walked and was not hurting from it last night.� Plan to repeat this exercise tomorrow.� My eating was also right on target yesterday.� Now if the male population would just give me some love all would be good.



Today I have a haircut followed immediately by a gynecologist appointment.� How fun is that?� Hate going to those things but I know they are necessary.� Only upside is knowing that after today it will be done for a year...though apparently I missed last year's appointment.� Oops.� Which means they will probably want a mammogram too.� The fun never ends.



Still no takers on the 5K, other than a few who offered to be there in spirit.� That's okay.� If no one comes with me, I will go alone.� I am the one challenging myself after all, so I don't need a fellow runner or a�cheering section or any of that.� Those things are nice perks, but not essentials.� I love being challenged and I love the idea of training.� I know for many of you, a 5K is probably a walk in the park and maybe one day it will be that for me, but for right now, it is a very big deal and I'm very excited.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Kimbo...I am one of those that fall under the "with you in spirit" category...

    Wish I could join you in person...

    I will trade you...I will take your boys for a week if you will take my mother...pretty please...pretty, pretty please...sigh

    Love ya girlface...jil

    ReplyDelete