Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two Year Surgiversary


Two years ago to the day, I was here:







Is it wrong to say that I barely remember looking like that?� Okay, I guess I do, but when I dug out these photos this morning, my mouth kind of fell open as I had not revisited them in a long time.� A very long time.� But the reality is that is who I once was.� No, not who.� Who I am hasn't really changed.� That was what I once was.�



In case you need another view:







Okay, granted, the hospital gown is technically not flattering, but you still get the picture....literally.



Two years ago today, I changed my life.� That change was not considered lightly.� Over a year of thought, research and preparation went into the decision.� I committed to it.� I knew that with this surgery came a lifetime commitment of exercise and healthy choices.� I knew I could indulge once in a while but that my overall old, bad habits had to be exiled for good.



I have to do those things for this girl...







....who was so uncomfortable in her own skin she felt trapped.� It's so hard to escape what you are that deep into a weight problem, but it is possible and not just by the route I took.� Different routes for different people, but there are ways out if you are just dedicated and vigilant.�



So two years ago today, my life changed.� To celebrate, I am going to the gym after work and run an easy mile (as I did my 2.5 miles yesterday and I generally don't run two days in a row, but I need to celebrate today that I can run) and maybe visit with the elliptical and a kettlebell.� I am going to feel strong and healthy in honor of what I am now.� I am going to rejoice in a body that can do amazing things I never thought it could do.� I am going to thank God for bringing me through the whole experience.



So what are you going to do today to celebrate you?




















2 comments:

  1. Kim, you certainly have come a long way, and you look amazing! It is obvious you feel amazing as well... WLS is a very hard and personal decision for everyone, but like you, it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. Congratulations on your current and future successes!!! Huggles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, What can I say? To say you look different is an understatement! WOW Your hair, face and everything ..you are beautiful...I am going to celebrate today because I was lucky enough to have found your blog and have truly been inspired by all you write. my 2 year ann. will be 11/11 this year and I hoep to have some more weight off but if not I am truly happy that i am maintaing my 85 lbs. loss....very happy...Life is good...Enjoy your day...Susan

    ReplyDelete