Monday, April 12, 2010

Twenty Miles in April Challenge: Completed!


However that does not mean I am finished for the month!�



Tod and I walked on the canal today for six miles and lemme tell you, I am worse off than I was after the 14 mile bike ride!� My calves hurt and my second toe on each foot is sore; probably a shoe issue combined with the rocky surface of the tow path.� Gotta tell you, when you spend $100 on a pair of running shoes and reserve them for running only, it bites because no other shoe feels as fabulous!� So yeah, ouch.�



I have to give out a very big "CONGRATULATIONS" today to my friend Kim, over at"Thoughts by Kim".� After many, many months of trying to conceive and then finally opted to go the adoption route, and then being *this* close to having a baby, she and hubby, John have brought home baby James!� I'm thrilled to bits for them.� I "met" Kim when I stumbled across her blog when I was researching WLS and left her a comment (probably a bunch of questions!).� Since her quest to be a mother began, I have had her on our prayer list and now, after much patience on her part, everyone's prayers have been answered.� Check her out and the new addition to the family over at her blog!



"Glee" is back tomorrow night and I am mega-psyched!� It has been a long hiatus!� Of course, this means that Tuesday nights are now "Glee" "American Idol" and "The Biggest Loser"!� Oy!



Did I tell you my youngest son convinced me to go into a lottery to chaperone his 4th grade trip to Annapolis on the 22nd?� They were going to draw names for which parents could go, so I let him talk me into it, all the while thinking that I have zero luck in lotteries or anything else.� Well guess what?� Only two parents said they would go, so guess who is going?� Guess I was thinking of that "luck" thing the wrong way...



Last night, a new kid showed up in our yard to jump on our trampoline.� Tod and I were sitting out on the deck while the six kids (my two and four neighborhood) jumped and at one point, my oldest let a four letter word slip.� I told him to watch his mouth.� A few minutes later, he must have let something else slip (showing off for his friends as teens like to do) and the new kid says "Aaron, watch your mouth.� You heard your grandmother."



Uh, excuse me?



I informed new kid that I would be his mother and not his grandmother.� He said "Sorry ma'am."



Ma'am?� Seriously?� And I am so not old enough to be a grandmother yet.



That kid needs a permission slip to jump before he is allowed back.



Grandma says so.




3 comments:

  1. Yikes! No, he dind't!

    Tooo tooo funny! You're better than me- I'd have banned him for life!

    Sorry about your lottery luck! Congrats though on meeting your goal for the month! I should have mine done tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I say we double that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best looking Granny on the block :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting the challenge done AND for being the first one to complete it!

    I'm right there with you about the shoes, although I just had to buy my second pair of running only shoes, so my "old" running shoes (that I've had for 6 months and 145 mile) are my new walking shoes.

    ReplyDelete