Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: The Television Edition


TT is giving me a little bit of headache and I need to keep reminding myself that my 13 things don't need to be deep.� There just has to be 13 of SOMETHING.�



So for this week, I am going to grace you and possibly amuse you with some of my all time favorite television programs, some going way back to my adolecent years.� These are in no particular order and as I type this, I am still trying to think of a few more to hit that magical Thursday number!



� Beauty and the Beast.� I loved this show.� So romantic and when Vincent would ride on the top of that subway train, my heart would skip beats.� To hear him read Catherine poetry was sheer bliss.� They only lost me as a fan toward the end, when they violently killed off Catherine and tried to give Vincent a new love. Totally did not work.



�I have been a giant "Days of Our Lives" fan off and on for years, but no season of this soap was greater than the mid-eighties and the days of Kim and Shane, Bo and Hope and Steve and Kayla.� And no one was possessed by satan.



� Huge Eric Estrada fan and as a tween, no one was hotter in my book.� When he had his motorcycle accident, I sent him a get well card.� True story.



� I was not a Farrah fan, so this was my favorite cast of "Charlie's Angels".� My brother, friends and I used to pretend this was us....though my brother (the Chosen One...this was when he was fun) always had to double as both Bosley and the bad guy.� Oh and I was always Sabrina, the Kate Jackson role.



�"One Day at a Time" was the show that started me writing as I used to write fanfiction about it in my composition book.� As a twelve year old, I idolized Valerie Bertinelli, though the next show I would watch her in, she annoyed the crap out of me and that was when she joined the cast of another favorite show...



�"Touched By an Angel" was perfect with the cast pictured here, thank you.� And I still hope an Angel of Death that looks like John Dye takes me to heaven.



� Who can forget "The Donny and Marie Show".� Silly comedy but loved the music and those dolls they are holding?� Yeah, totally had those.





Another one I never missed in the 70s, but I adored Kristy McNichol.� Anyone remember the movie "Little Darlings"?



�"The Monkees".� Can you see my music theme with some of these?� I cried when this one was taken off the air, but I was like ten.� Davey was my favorite as even back then, I had a thing for the Brits.



If you blinked you may have missed this show, but I loved it for the handful of episodes it was on television.� Sexy boy meets pretty girl and it is all romantic but of course, there are issues.� The hopeless romantic in me still misses this one.



� Another short lived series about sisters called "Related" and it brought you one of my favorite terms, "Ass-boobie" when one sister is reading another sister's psyche book and decides "I think I have tourettes...ass-boobie!"� Very quirky and fun.







� "Fame" the television series beat out the movie for me a million times over.� Great music and I still love to watch the reruns even though they are so dated.� And how on earth did Leroy dance in those short shorts without his junk coming loose is beyond me.







� Lastly is the Fame of this generation, "Glee".� Quirky, politically incorrect, funny, endearing.� If you are not watching this show, you should be and it returns Tuesday night after "Idol".� Be there!





Wanna play Thursday 13?� Join us here!










4 comments:

  1. Fun shows. I was also very into Fame, and I watched Family a few times. I used to get told I looked like Kristy McNichol when I was 13-14 or so... I really like Glee, especially the music, and now I want to go check out Relativity if I can find it on Netflix or something?

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love Glee!! Related was a great show as well.. and CHiPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, TBAA. Those were the days. And they were definitely better before VB joined.

    I was always Mike when my friends and I played at the Monkees.

    I have all four seasons of BatB on DVD. I love tragedy, and love Catherine's ending, but I don't think I can forgive Linda Hamilton for leaving.

    Knight Rider was always one of my favorite shows (and I have all four seasons of that as well).

    ReplyDelete