Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap


Friday:



Are you ready?� I ran my first treadmill 5K!� See, I suck at math....and anything regarding numbers at all, so don't judge me.� I have had it in my head that a 5K was 3.5 miles.� So, having recently worked up to 2.5 miles, another mile seemed a long way off in my future.� But then last week, I came to the discovery that a 5K was not 3.5 miles but 3.1 miles!� For some reason in my mind, that seemed totally doable!� So I told myself if I made it on Friday, I could end my workout week with it; no weights or crunches or any of that.� That was a brass ring worth reaching for and I did!� Go me!�



I wanted to do it again today, but I'm iffy now.� I'm having lower right girl-type pain that might be a kidney or bladder infection�maybe.� We'll see.� Either way, I need to pick up some cranberry juice.



Any hopes of a fire pit was rained out on Friday which put me in a mood because it was the one thing I had going on for the weekend.� But thunderstorms which blew in a cold front put an end to that for me.� The Brit got to go golfing and I seemed peeved at him when he got home late, but really it was the weather.� I want the warm work weeks and cold weekends to stop!



Saturday:



Breakfast, Lowes, grocery store.� I know, you so wish you were me right about now, don't you?� My life is so exciting.� Then The Brit went off to a stag party for his friend who is getting married this coming weekend.� I dealt with kids, watched television and made Tod come over to entertain me.



Sunday:

Church and then we went to see "Alice in Wonderland" finally!� Very good movie but then I am a huge Johnny Depp fan.� Whole thing was well cast, though still pretty weird, just like the book.� Then mom came over for dinner for which The Brit made a seafood pasta dish that was to die for.� I actually just finished some leftovers for lunch and even enjoyed it more the second time 'round.� Rest of the night, laundry, lunches packed, television.� Again, I know you are drooling over my adventurous weekend.



So this week is filling up fast.� Someone in my family elected to listen to a message on the machine about a reminder for Aaron's doctor appt last Tuesday, but failed to let me know, so we missed that one, which is not good as this is his med doctor.� SO!� Today, gym and then I give blood and then pick up cranberry juice.� Then home to be a tired vegetable from the blood giving.� Brit has a council meeting tonight, so me and kids.�



Tomorrow, Aaron's rescheduled doc appt and grocery store.



Wednesday, I think lunch with Leisl and The Brit leaves for a three day business trip.



Thursday, Annapolis with a bunch of 4th graders.



Friday, who knows?



Next week, I have a hair apppointment, a gyno appointment and a PCP appt about coming off zoloft.�



Sure you don't wanna be me?� Just for a day?




1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you made Tod dress up in a little Jester costume and juggle! LOL

    ReplyDelete