Monday, April 5, 2010

First Ride of the Season


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!� Mine was very nice; church and my mother's house for dinner.� Very relaxing for the most part and my busy work�season is over till December.�



So, I am thinking of trying to wean myself off my Zoloft.� It's a bit of an experiment for several reasons.� When I went on it, we had just gotten the kids, which was very stressful as the oldest is ADHD, and as new parents, dealing with that...well, it was rough.� I was also over 300 pounds at that time and not exercising much.� I had rather severe bouts of PMDD, where I would cry for a few days before my period started, which is what led to medication.� Now, I am hopefully a bit better at parenting and though the oldest, who is now a teen, is still stressful, I think I am handling him a bit better most of the time.� I am also down 109 pounds and working out regularly.� I had a conversation with someone over the last few days who was on another anti-depressant and gained 45 pounds over the course of 4 years.� She weaned herself off it, and her weight is now coming off.� So, I am wondering if the Zoloft is at all contributing to my inability to bring my weight below 200.� Worst case scenario is I am a basketcase off the meds and I go back on it.� So, I am researching the best way to wean off of it and I will keep you posted.� Right now, it is my time of the month, so I am not going to attempt the weaning until after that is finished.� Timing is hopefully everything.



Today, Tod and I took the bikes out for the first ride of the season....14 miles.� Other than the painful girly bits and rear end, it was a very nice ride and slightly farther than I went last year as we found ourselves at Dam #5.















Not sure if you can make out the cross through the trees, but I liked it.







Happy Monday, peeps!� Back to work tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment