Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday 13: The Pay Taxes and Die Edition


No real theme today, so you just get the stuff that has been foremost on my mind the last few days.� Aren't you lucky?






  1. I got a text from The Chosen One's wife on Tuesday, stating she was considering having her parents and my mother over for Mother's Day.� She wanted to know my thoughts on that.� I told her "I would rather eat crap." that we had other plans.� I called my mother and told her the situation and she asked me "How long are you going to keep this up?"� Huh?� Hello?� First off, I am a mother too, so doesn't that make Mother's Day about me as well and if I don't want to spend it in the company of The Chosen Ones, I think that is my prerogative.� Also, need I remind the mother that The Chosen Ones not once last summer could be bothered to attend a fire pit?� They told her they sent me an email explaining why they apparently could NEVER attend, but I never got an email.� So either cyberspace ate it or it was never sent and guess which one of those I believe?

  2. So in honor of those circumstances, let's get something straight.� I am 43 years old and for me, that means I have earned the right to not do things I don't want to do that are optional or suit someone else, especially people I spend the LEAST amount of time with in any given year.�

  3. The other thing about this that annoys me is that The Mother never stands up to my brother because he gets defensive and then gets mean.� So as The Mother is 81, I can understand not wanting to get into a pissing match with that ass clown.� But what happens instead is she blasts�me with "How long are you going to keep this up?" because she won't stand up to him and she knows I am not mean-spirited so therefore will not say anything harsh back to her because she is 81 and my mother.� Which is totally not fair.� Either I become a mean bitch or I just have to take it from her and in order to not have any regrets regarding her, I have to take it.

  4. However I am still not going over there on Mother's Day.� They can bite me.

  5. Most of this post will probably be of the complaining nature because I am totally pmsing.

  6. I am still trying to work out a day to go see Tod's show in Martinsburg.� Was going to go with Kelly on the 22nd but The Brit is going golfing for a week (I am starting to understand what my married girlfriends meant about becoming a golf widow) in Florida and I have to pick him up from the airport on the 22nd in the late afternoon, which would mean maybe being late for the show if his plane were not on time or traffic or whatever.� Kelly cannot go on the 16th which is the Saturday before so now I am waiting to hear if she can maybe do Friday the 21st.� Mandy is also going to go I think, so at least if Kelly and I can't work out a date (and I really hope we can as I rarely get to see she or Mandy!) I still have one other adult to go with.

  7. Ran in the wind yesterday for two miles, again, running more than walking.� It was cold and windy and rough but fact is that it could be windy on 5K day.� Lots more training yet to do but am going to just do some cross training today at the gym after�a sushi lunch with Leisl.

  8. Got to visit with Shiloh and her daughter, Emma, for a bit yesterday.� I sat with Emma and we worked a puzzle while Shiloh had her radiation and then we walked to the snack bar as Emma wanted a drink and we stood and chatted for a bit.� We talked about running and Shiloh's goals for getting into shape once her treatment is finished.� She has a goal for us to run/walk the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll Half Marathon .� She has done it before and I think it is a great goal for both of us.� Obviously not running the whole thing, but completing it.� We are looking at 2011 I believe and it would be a great girl's weekend away.� I am being a good golf widow so at times The Brit will have to occasionally be a running widow

  9. I have discovered that I really enjoy goal setting.� It is good for my spirit and gives me things to work toward.�

  10. I got very frustrated yesterday exploring the option of eating locally.� Looking at farms for meats, but it is incredibly expensive!� I totally get the health benefits of doing it without getting all those antibiotics and growth hormones and all the other crap the food industry puts into their foods, but holy moly, ya'll!� What are the tricks to being able to afford it?

  11. Today is "Pay it Forward Day" and I have to work out where to do that.� I like the idea of doing something anonymous for a total stranger.� Have to find me a stranger.

  12. Fire pit tomorrow night as the weather is to be good.� YAY!

  13. We are almost to Friday, people.� Let's finish the week strong!


Want to play Thursday 13?� You can do that by signing up here!



 



 





4 comments:

  1. Am I happy that besides son and DIL and husband I have no family anymore when I read your problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with #7. Running in the wind sucks, but you never know what you're going to get on race day. And good luck on the half-marathon. Thirteen miles is definitely far enough to scare me into training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had heard about pay it forward day, but had completely forgotten it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh goal setting is such a brilliant thing :)

    You can tick me off

    ReplyDelete