Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: The Bloggy Love Edition


So I have some mad love for some bloggers.� They are my main source of reading material anymore because I learn a lot from them.� We all have different perspective and I think it is nice to see something from a different angle other than mine occasionally.� Considering something new is not a bad thing.



So for today's TT edition, I am going to share with you a few of my faves.




 



  1. Fat Girl Running: Holly is a hoot and as she says is on a journey from "Journey from fat dyke to luscious lesbian..".� Like me, she is going through the ropes of becoming a runner (correction, we ARE runners.� I need to tell myself this about a twenty-eleven times a day) and does it with humor.
  2. Run, Bitch, Run:�This gal is painfully honest and can tell a great story.� Yesterday, she celebrated 19 years of sobriety.� Show her some blogging love.

  3. Shut Up and Run:�Another amusing running blogger, who is always good for a very funny poop story!

  4. Write-Sizing: Though I hate that term as it reminds me of where I once worked in Corporate America (shudder), she is very thought provoking.� She's lost some weight in the last few years and talks about the highs and lows of exercise, maintaining and losing weight.

  5. The Athena Diaries: Again, very honest blogger with a sense of sarcasm I admire.

  6. Post Secret: Not a blog really but I love this site and if you don't read it, you should.� Anonymous postcards are sent in, revealing deep secrets and new ones go up each Sunday (I call it "Post Secret Sunday, YAY!").� Some secrets are disturbing, some thought provoking, some funny and some can being me to the verge of tears.�

  7. Run. Ride. Live: Just discovered him and I have liked what I've read so far.� Check him out!

  8. Fatty Fights Back:�Another fairly new read for me.� She is a WLS patient who has reinvented her life after losing weight.

  9. Shredheads:� This blog is brought on by Jillian Michael's Thirty Day Shred and is a great read with lots of great fitness advice.� When I first started running (Not like now, being a seasoned runner and all...) I did a lot of reading here.

  10. My Fifteen Minutes to Better Fitness:� This is where Emily, who introduced me to the Daily Mile blogs with some friends...though it took me awhile to realize there were friends.� But I finally had that light bulb moment last week.

  11. The Anti-Jared:�This guy has lost over 200 pounds by diet and exercise and he is amazing.� Check out his pics.� It can be done.

  12. Recovering Fatty:�Another WLS gal.� I love reading about these journeys as much as I love reading the journeys of those who lost weight without WLS.� There is no right or wrong way to lose in my opinion; it's just different for everyone but what it really takes is the desire to do it, and the acceptance that changing means you need to change which means implementing changes.� You can either sit back and watch the world pass you by or you can be an active part of your life.� Now that I have experienced both, I pick the active life.

  13. Ride (or Tri!) Like a Girl:��I love Donna because she is about my age and runs and exercises.� She was the first person I ever talked to about running and how to get started, so thanks, Donna!


    1. Want to play Thursday Thirteen!� Join in the blog meme here!










    5 comments:

    1. Wow, we do not have a single blog in common, well other than yours. For some reason I'm not exactly stunned by that revelation. Should I be??? :-)

      ReplyDelete
    2. It's always enjoyable and informative to see which sites people love. I think this is a generous post, also. I'm new to T-13. However, I must add, that I was lucky enough to meet the author of PostSecret in person at a book signing and presentation. Awesome presentation he gave. He and his wife even willingly let me take their photos. He's just as nice as can be- as you'd expect from the fantastic site he runs and the books he wrote. THose who care and help others are what this world should be about.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I got to check those bloggers out!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. I wanted to say thank you for the kind words and linking my blog! :)

      ReplyDelete