Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Product Review


I have been jonesing to try greek yogurt for months now but could not bring myself to pay the price of the Fage brand.� Then last week on "The Biggest Loser", Bob Harper was talking to one of his contestants about the new Yoplait Greek yogurt and since that moment I was obsessed with finding it.� A few of our grocery chains were not yet carrying it and I given up as hard to find products are generally never at Walmart, but lo and beyond, I found the stuff at Walmart yesterday.



They carried both the strawberry and the honey vanilla flavors, so I purchased both and as I am typing this, I have tried both (not back to back, mind you).� The stuff is good, people!� I have a preference to the strawberry and I did mix some fresh strawberries with it, so I think mixing a fruit with the honey vanilla would be a good idea for me too.� I don't dislike it, the strawberry is just more to my taste.��



�A 6oz container holds 130 calories, 18g of sugar, which I find a little high, but the good news is that it boosts 12g of protein, baby!� It has the consistency of egg custard, so thicker than most yogurt but very flavorful and I am not getting that disgusting protein after taste.� And did I mention they were $1?� And if you�go here , you can get a coupon like I did!� Great snack before a run!� I give it two thumbs up!



And as The Brit reads here, I think I found what I would like for Mother's Day and remember I am a cheap date.� I have issues that some of the clothes I run in lack any pockets at all.� So I am stuffing both my keys and my ipod into my bra which means wet stuff when I am finished and ewwww.� Don't really want to blow up ipod due to boob sweat as�another blogger has already done that.�� So I did some researching and found this .� They have some other alternatives as well, but this would hold my ipod, keys and my ID is probably a good idea to have with me too, in case I stop for a beer drop dead� need it.� For $24 I think it would suit my needs perfectly.� Thanks honey!



Okay peeps, it is hump day.� Go do something to celebrate that we are almost to the weekend!




3 comments:

  1. ohhh... You ought to check out Road ID. I bought a bracelet for my runs. One less thing to carry. I do run with my cell phone in my pockets though. Not my keys, we have a keypad for our garage door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Greek yogurt! I'm glad you were able to find the Yoplait you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can find a Chobani brand of Greek Yogurt, it has 14 grams of protein per 6 oz. container. It has 140 calories and 19 g. of sugar, but it comes in more flavors. You can get blueberry, strawberry, peach, and honey.

    ReplyDelete