Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Epic Fail


In the last two years, I honestly cannot say that I have ever had a "bad" workout.



Until today.



The whole day was off for me.� Some people were outside in a truck at like 2:30 this morning talking..sounded like a garbage truck but it was not trash night for our neighborhood.� Then at like 5:00 am, Alex the cat seemed to want out of the bedroom, as she was meowing and walking all over us, but when The Brit got up to let her out, she refused to go, but again, I was awake.� Then as The Brit was flying to Atlanta this afternoon, he was home this morning and trying to get the sewing machine to work and not having any luck and Tod, you were at work this time!� But he kept exploding at the machine which had me on edge.� Yes, I explode at inanimate objects from time to time, but him doing, just puts me on the brink of something, which is odd as I don't consider myself a nervous person.�



anyway, got to work and the time flew by because Paula was there and we got to catch up a bit.�

Leisl and I were supposed to go to lunch but she had to cancel so that was off for me as well, so right after work I headed to the gym.� At the Y there are two different kinds of treadmills and I have a preference for the larger ones.� I really have to step up to get on it, but I can see everything that is going on, plus they have little fans in them.� When I got there, my first two choices were taken and even my backup treadmill was tied up.� I stretched and did a little kettlebell work in the hopes one of my faves would become available but it didn't happen.� So I took the last large treadmill which was over in the corner next to the wall....and it was hot in the corner.



Now, a little background on my morning food.� I had my usual oatmeal and banana and then when I was at work I was chowing on Twizzlers.� What is it about me and the chewy shit?� Before my surgery, it was chocolate, but not now!� I have got to get away from this stuff!� For lunch I had leftover pasta and clams...not much of it but some.� This is all foreshadowing, peeps.



So, hot in the corner but I started my run and found my pace fairly quickly and all was well.� Briefly.� I got to really, really sweating, but assumed it was due to lack of air circulation where this treadmill sat.� Until I started to feel discombobulated and shaky.� Yeah.� An episode of hypoglycemia probably due to Twizzlers and pasta.� I forced myself to finish out the mile at a walk and then headed outside to my car for a piece of hard candy.� I went back inside and sat at the bench for about ten minutes, allowing my sugar to regulate and then decided to try for the remaining 2.1 miles.� I started at a fast walk, as I calculated how I was feeling.� I broke into a run again but just couldn't do it.� It all felt off and I couldn't find my pace.� So I walked another mile and called it a day.



This really bothered me.� I tend to walk into the gym with a goal for the day and I ALWAYS� achieve it, but today, I didn't.� I felt like a giant, fat failure.� I know that is not really the case but it is how I feel about today's workout.



So, when I got home and watched last night's "Biggest Loser", I decided to go upstairs and switch out JJ's clothes as he has been wanting his summer stuff.� Somehow that task turned into a four and a half hour room cleaning!� The kid is a borderline hoarder; he throws nothing away.� Holy crap, it was insane.� He has two long, cedar closets in his room and they were PILED with stuff.� When he got home from school at six, he helped me finish it, though even with the two of us, we didn't finish till about 8:30.� He messes it up tomorrow and he may not live long.



Tomorrow, Annapolis with the 4th grade class.� Yee Haw.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you don't always do what you want...heck, I don't. Tonight was supposed to be bicep night! But what is important is that you do something. And you did more something than I did, so I'm the failure, not you. All I did was curl up with the first Mojito's of the season, so maybe that is something, but certainly not Biceps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly call this a failure.. Call it a lesson learned. You went back in and tried to finish, while many people would give up if they just weren't feeling it. We're all so hard on ourselves. You are doing great, and one bad day here and there is going to happen.... but you have had MANY good days, and you should be singing your praises, missy!

    ReplyDelete