Thursday, February 7, 2008

Breathing...sorta kinda


Okay, I am a little bit calmer than I was earlier....for now anyway.  I promise there will be other moments of totally freaking out, but for now I'm okay.

I read a lot of Karen Kingsbury and one of the themes she repeats through her books is the sound of God's voice whispering to their hearts.  I think I got that today.  Leaving work, I was pretty much getting my crazy on in the car, wondering how on earth I was going to manage to contain myself until we had an answer from the insurance company.  There is a church billboard in town that I always read and today it said something like "What need is there for worry if God is in control?"  

I immediately recognized this as a sign from God (get it?  A SIGN from God?) and started to rationalize to myself.

"Well, I'm not really worried...more like anxious.  Yeah, that's it.  Anxious."

As soon as I said it (yes, I do talk out loud to myself in the car...and at work and at home, and almost anywhere really) these words came to my heart "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Wow.  Okay, God, I hear ya and I'll do my best, but I'm not promising to not freak out occasionally.

I'm really glad to be hearing Him again because I'm afraid church has been jading me lately.  I'm not getting anything spiritually from our interim pastor, though she is a nice person, so often on Sundays, I feel like I'm going through the motions.  What I've been getting lately, I've been getting through Contemporary Christian music, which I love and is primarily what I listen to.  I also think that when you can directly link the lyrics to something going on in your life at the moment, it becomes all the more meaningful.  A bit like the Britt Nicole song I posted yesterday (Yup, Lacy, you had the artist right!).  I've heard that song dozens of times before, but suddenly I heard it as it applied to me. 

Today, I've discovered a new song that also applies and brings me hope.  Lacy, see if you can name this tune


There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold
But you sing to me over and over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray to be only yours
I pray to be only be Yours I know now you're my only hope

Sing to me the songs of the stars
of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again


So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours
i pray to be only be Yours
I know now you're my only hope

I give you my destiny
I'm giving you all of me
I want your symphony
Singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs
I'm giving it back

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours
I pray to be only yours
I pray To be only yours
I know now you're my only hope.


I especially like "Sing to me the plans that you have for me over and over again".





No comments:

Post a Comment