Monday, February 4, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel??


So, tomorrow is the LAST REQUIRED APPOINTMENT before submitting to insurance...however long that takes.  I'm feeling this ginormous sense of relief that all the hoops have hopefully been jumped through and maybe soon we will have actual dates!

With that being said, I think the stress of it all is catching up to me...or more specifically, catching up to my mouth.  I have always been somewhat of a fast eater, but here lately people, we are talking record speeds.  Hell, sign me up for Olympics in the food catagory!  I will get the US the Gold Medal for sure!  Anyway, I need to make a conscious effort to slow down as post-op, fast will no longer be an option.  It's almost like my mind is thinking "Quick!  Get in there before she goes under the knife and foils all our plans!"  I need to get a grip on that.

I saw something today that bothered me a little bit. 
In this article, about a man in the UK who had RNY surgery, he states "“As a result of the surgery I will never, ever feel hungry or thirsty again.."


This was news to me.  I know that the first year, hunger can be a rare thing, but I think it does eventually return.  Is this something his surgeon was telling him, because if so, I'm not convinced it is true and Arnold may find himself in some trouble in a handful of months.  And never feeling thirsty??  Thirst for me is never about my stomach, but my mouth gets dry.  So that will never happen to him again?  I really hope his surgeon reads this article and sets him straight before he feels a sense of disappointment when again having the urge to eat.  Is it me or is something way off in that way of thinking? 



No comments:

Post a Comment