Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Personal Church


Using the phrase that Meg coined about Christian music being our "pastor", I have to say on this Sunday, what a like saver that really is.  



I love my church as the church is made up of people and other than about three individuals, I do love the folks at my church.  We're a family, we're committed, we're strong and loving.  Our interim pastor is a delight one on one and one on one, I can discuss nearly anything with her.  But at the pulpit, she leaves me spiritually starving.  



I think that if I didn't love this congregation so much and if I didn't work there, I would probably look elsewhere for another Lutheran church.  But then, on the otherhand, I know as sure as I'm sitting here typing that God has a plan for this little church.  And what I don't know, but rather think, is that He is currently testing our faith.  



I know that God already has a pastor picked out for us; that plan is already in motion, of that I have no doubt.  It's just in the getting there that we struggle, but that is also where we are asked to "wait on the Lord."  He's asking this of me right now, of us.  But it's still hard.



So, I turn on my music, my radio, and I let the words of the songs flow over and through me.  I let God speak to me through them and allow the inspired lyrics and chords to be my Gospel for those precious moments.  They give me hope and at times make my heart feel so incredibly full and for those minutes, I am able to truly bask in the light of my Savior.  He assures me it will all be all right, no matter what else happens.  



There is no perfect church, or perfect song, but there is a perfect God who is always small enough to hear the tiniest whispers of our hearts, and big enough to hold all of us in the palm of his hand. 




No comments:

Post a Comment