Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Waiting and Preparing


So remember how I said that waiting for insurance approval was the worst part of the whole process?  Yeah, that was way not right.  Waiting for your surgery date which is 48 days away, is definitely the worst part.  

I have been having a couple of moments of "Oh crap, I am really gonna do this!" but honestly, all they are at this point is moments.  A minute later, I'm feeling confident once again.  I know I am doing the right thing as when I first started this process, I told myself that if God brought me to it, He would see me through it.  I believe that completely.  Is it unnerving?  Of course it is, especially for someone who has really not had much in the way of surgery, but I'm tough and God, my family and I will get through it.  The future for me has never looked brighter, as I will still have my husband and kids, but we will be able to do so much more together!

I have already started picking up some odds and ends for the first few weeks post-op, like sugar free pudding and jello and sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast, as well as Flintstones Complete (the recommended chewable vitamin for the first several weeks.).  I still need to order or find calcium and B-12 and Iron as well as make a dreaded trip to GNC to explore the world of protein shakes.  I dread it because I have real issues drinking anything that tastes bad.  I had one experience with Alka Seltzer and it scarred me for life.  Hard liquor, the same thing.  If it tastes bad, it will only pass this way but once!  Protein in shake form is a big unknown to me and I need to figure it out.  I've heard about mixing it in with coffee and have read some recipes for some really tasty sounding shakes and I need to go back and find those in the next 48 days.

I have told the council president at church as I am going to work from home for as long as needed though with being part-time, I don't think I'll be at home too long.  He was very supportive, but then my church is very supportive.  I assume my mother has told my family though I have only heard from one sister and she reads here regularly.  The others may or may not, I have no idea.  I guess hearing nothing is better than hearing any criticism about having this done, not that I think that would happen, but I just don't know.  But with my mom, one sister, the Brit, the church, my on-line girls and my fantastic group of friends, I have a great support system as it is.  Anything else is just a bonus.

Anyone watching American Idol?  David Archuleta, folks!  He is so adorable and so good!  I love him!  I'm also a fan of David Cook, and a few other guys.  Going home this week for the men?  I'm gonna say Jason Yeager and David Hernandez.  We'll see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment