Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Moment of Truth...or Not


So have any of you actually watched that show?  The Moment of Truth?  I have not because I can't get past the twisted, sickening feeling I get in my stomach from seeing the previews.  Why is it that the American people think it is okay to destroy all of their relationships for the sake of winning money? 

I have issues with most reality television anyway as American Idol is as reality as I get and that is because of my love of music, singing and Simon.  I have never watched "Fear Factor" (isn't that the one where they had to eat live bugs?  No thank you!) or "Lost" or any of that stuff just because it doesn't interest me.  But the premise behind "The Moment of Truth" makes me feel almost physically ill.  From what I can tell, one's family and friends can stand up there and ask any question they want, such as "would you have an affair if your wife would never find out?" and of course, the wife is sitting right there.  An obese woman asks "Do fat people disgust you?" And this is OKAY?  Why on earth would you want to put every skeleton you had out there for all the world to see even if money is involved.  Folks, wake up!  Money will never make you totally happy at the expense of destroying your relationships.  I hope the show doesn't make it more than this season.

And speaking of truths, tomorrow is one week since our stuff was submitted to insurance and I am waffling over whether to call the insurance people for a status.  Customer Service Rep Girl had told me several weeks ago that they usually turned around a response in 24-48 hours.  Then there is the part of me that fears the answer and doesn't want to call, so what to do?



No comments:

Post a Comment