Friday, February 8, 2008

Thirty-Four and a half hours post insurance submission


So today in my extra curricular fantasy life, the surgeon's office called and said "It's a miracle!  Your insurance has approved you already!"

Yeah.  So did not happen that way.  And I guess I really didn't expect it to, but it was still nice to think about.  I've been a little bit cranky today and I'm summing it up to the stress of the wait.  Yeah, I get that there is absolutely nothing I can do to get around it or make it go any faster and that worrying about it is not going to make it happen faster, slower etc.  However, I am an obsessed by nature and here life has presented me with a situation to do my best obsessing.  So bring it on, I say!  

This totally sucks.

This was the only part of the whole journey I was dreading (other than being denied and I ain't even crossing that bridge unless it happens).  I'm not a waiter nor am I patient and now I am putting my life into the hands of people who want to try to sum up my lifetime of weight struggles in six months.  Does anyone else find that totally unreasonable?  They make you do all this stuff: structured diet programs, talking to a nutritionist and for what?  For the same end result.  Hi!  I'm still fat!  Three more months of Weight Watchers way didn't change that, of course, I've done WW minimally three other times in my life and holy cow, I can hardly believe it!  I got the same result this time!  Who'da thought?? 

Yes, sarcasm is just one more service I offer. 

But yet, I keep fantasizing with every commercial I see.  Amusement parks?  Yeah, I'd be able to do those again.  It would be so much fun to take the kids!  A cruise?  Sign me up as a normal sized person!  Yay and it has a water slide...I could do that by next summer! 

What I am going to start doing this coming week is walking.  Though I hate the cold, I'm being really optimistic about being approved, so I need to start getting some exercise in so that I have as easy a recovery as possible.  My heel spur and sciatic nerve will probably kill me, but it will be worth it to not be knocked flat on my ass after surgery.  If walking three days a week will help, sign me up.  Just gotta find my ipod headphones which have gone missing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment