Monday, February 25, 2008

I have a date!


April the 15th is the day I go under the knife.  Whoot!  

It's really nice to have a date and know when it is going to happen even though it is happening a bit later than I'd like (I'm still holding out great hopes for the mission trip).  I've already set up my PCP appointment for surgical clearance for March 18th and in a couple of days I'll have a packet in my mail from Bayview that gives me all my information such as when I meet with the anesthesiologist etc.  It's so hard to believe that after all the work and the setting up of appointments, going to appointments, etc that I have a date! 

I guess that technically, it is just far enough away for me to get all my ducks in a row with things at the church and having the right food/supplement items on hand.  As there is no one to back me up at work, I plan to have everything finished on the 14th of April for the April 20th service.  That way I can either be at work the next week, or if I don't feel up to it, I can just work from home for a few more days.  I'll only be in the hospital for two nights, so I'll go in on a Tuesday and go home on a Thursday. 

I spoke with Alice today, who is Dr. Schweitzer's secretary and I love her.  She is wonderful.  I told her I was starting to feel a little bit nervous and she filled me in on a few things.  She told me that Hopkins has some of the best surgeons in the world, but that my surgeon, was the absolute best.  She says she schedules him appointments with other doctors who want to speak to him about his techniques and these doctors come to him from India, Germany, etc.  Alice said she has seen him do amazing things in surgery, that he has perfected so many techniques and that we could not be in better hands.  As she said, "All the surgeons here are good, but you have the best."  That definitely makes me feel better!

I was going to write about something totally different today, but that was before the news came of my surgery date, so I'll save my topic for tomorrow.  Though it is something very important to me that I need to put out there now, because I've read too many blogs that talks about people losing friends because of weight loss surgery, due to the dynamics changing within the group.  We can't be having that as I love my friends dearly.  More on that tomorrow.

Psst...I have a date!



No comments:

Post a Comment