Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I've had better days


With the final appointment completed now, I should be jumping with joy, but instead the nerves are already kicking in.  Now we have to wait for the surgeon's office to submit to our insurance and then more nerve wracking, wait for approval...or denial.  Ugh.

It could be that today was not the best of days.  It started this morning with a nearly hysterical call from Paula...she had found her younger son's cat dead on the side of the road on her way in this morning.  Her son was home, and he was also a mess.  I hung up with her and burst into tears.  First and foremost, I am an animal lover and secondly, I know how much Paula's 17 year old son adored this cat.  Like us, they had six cats, but Buddy was D's favorite and at the lock-in Friday night, he actually had a moment of tenderness, not common to teenage boys when talking about a cat, where he talked about how hard it would be to leave Buddy in a year when he went to college.  In light of that recent discussion especially, my heart was broken for both D and Buddy.  Their newer feline additions to the family, they have been keeping inside, but as many people have told me, once a cat has been allowed outside, it becomes very hard to keep them in.  Paula's indoor/outdoor cats, when being kept inside, will use the carpet as a litterbox to express their annoyance, as well as tear up the carpets near the outside doors, so it becomes a struggle.  I guess I'm just thankful that my beloved felines have never been given the option to be outside.

Then tonight, I received another call from Paula, that another one of our youth kids, S, had a car accident tonight and rolled her car.  The word is that she is not hurt, but was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

So, today has been a rough one, but with God's grace and answered prayers, tomorrow will be better! 



No comments:

Post a Comment