Friday, February 22, 2008

Changing it up


So after some thought and a chat with the Brit tonight, we are probably going to change things up a little bit and it is still settling in with my soul.

We think I am going to have surgery first.

My authorization currently gives me until mid-April before we would have to go through whatever would need to be done to extend the date.  That may be a very simple thing to do or it may be difficult, though nothing with the insurance has been easy so far.  The other thing to consider is that I will be laparoscopic and there is a chance the Brit could have to be done open.  Open may very well require more time to heal.  We figure if I go first, my healing will be fairly quick baring any complications.  Four weeks later, the Brit could have his and we could both be finished by the end of April.  

Now, I just have to wait for my stomach to calm down again.  With every new piece of this my nerves get the better of me for awhile until I find my peace with it.  Nothing about this has been easy; the insurance hoops, the mental toll, it is all difficult.  I just thank God for a few friends who have gone before me and are constantly assuring me that all will be well.  It won't be easy in the beginning, of this I have no doubts, but it will get easier.

Yes, it is short tonight, but I can't dwell on this just yet.  Not until I find that peace in my soul I mentioned.



No comments:

Post a Comment