Sunday, February 3, 2008

Imagination Station


My eight year old has always had an awesome imagination.  Last night, after we came home from dinner and I was valiantly trying to stay awake (I made it to 9:30), he approached The Brit with a small notebook and a pen.  It went something like this:

JJ: Hello sir, can I get you something to drink?

Brit(T No, son, I'm not thirsty.

JJ: (in a whisper) Dad, it's for pretend.

TB: Oh!  Then sure.  I'll have a Coke Zero.

JJ: Okay.  How about something to eat?

TB: A ham sandwich?

JJ: We're out of those.

TB: Okay, what do you have?

JJ: Tuna.

TB:  Okay, I'll have the tuna.

JJ then vanishes into the kitchen to return a moment later.

JJ: Can I interest you in our Drake and Josh card?

TB: What is that?

JJ: It's a card that when you give it to your waiter every time you come in, your food is free.

TB: Really?  That's great!  How much for the card?

JJ: Twenty thousand.

TB: Wow!  That's a little steep!

JJ: Okay, twenty dollars.

TB:  So, sure, I'll have one then.  So each time I come in here, I just have to give you my card and my meal is free?

JJ:  Yup, that's right!  But if you want a table, that'll cost you.


So apparently the food is free but you have to eat standing up.  I don't know where he gets it!

A few pics from our lock in, as promised.




Making sandwiches for our Souper Bowl fundraiser.






Playing Apples to Apples.





These kids are amazing and I love every one of them.  I don't think you could find a closer youth group if you tried.



No comments:

Post a Comment