Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Cats and Christmas


I always wager a glance at our little newspaper.  I tend to glance at headlines, but faithfully peruse the Letters to the Editor and the afore mentioned Mail Call.  Today, this little editorial letter caught my eye and made me smile:


One amazing cat




To the editor:



My daughter, Sandra, lives near Clear Spring. She recently gave me a kitten. She offered to have it declawed but I said "No." I named it Nuisance.



One evening I was sitting in my recliner when Nuisance came running, jumped up beside me and accidentally scratched the back of my hand, causing it to bleed.



I said to her "You do that again and you're going back to Sandra." She immediately jumped down, went back out to the next room and came back to me with a small piece of paper in her mouth. The paper read, "Jesus loves me."



I never saw the piece of paper before - I have no idea where she found it. Needless to say, I will surely keep the piece of paper.

***

I liked it.  Made me smile.

Tomorrow, I am headed to Lancaster, PA to Sight and Sound to see "The Miracle of Christmas 2006".
I had not originally signed up to go, but someone cancelled last minute, so I'm taking that place in order for them to get the rate and all on the bus.  I saw "Noah" there several years ago, again with my church and what they do with a set is incredible.  I'm equally looking forward to spending some time with my mother and sister, as well as knitting on the long bus ride. 

Not much else going on today.  I woke up with a headache that is only now beginning to fade. 

Gotta go charge the camera batteries....



No comments:

Post a Comment