Friday, November 10, 2006

Small miracles


I was on my way to work this morning and as always, I was listening to WGTS.  I missed the very beginning of the story that the morning DJs were telling, so I missed where this happened, but they were saying how this man had called in to tell them that he had borrowed two pocket Bibles from another guy at work.  The man had placed the mini-Bibles in his shirt pocket, so as not to forget to return them and when he was in an alley (not sure if he walked to work, his car was out back or what) he was robbed.  The assailant had a gun and after the robbery he shot at the man.  The man didn't even know he had even been hit until the assailant fled and the man found the first of the pocket Bibles completely split down the middle....by the bullet.  Seems as if the word of God saves lives in more ways than one!

So, I did ten things for my list yesterday and realized I'm going to have to do better than that in order to have 1000 things by Christmas. 

11. For coffee in the morning.
12. for a beautiful, warm, unseasonable day today.
13. For the Brit bringing me home a knitting book with many wonderful patterns in it.
14. For catalog Christmas shopping.
15. For the sound of kids outside playing.
16. For my two boys getting along fairly well this evening.
17. Looking forward to my knitting group tomorrow.
18. For long phone calls with Paula on a regular basis to remind me of her friendship.
19. For Robyn feeling strong enough to go to knitting group tomorrow for the first time.
20. For my mother and the gift of still having her in my life.
21.  For the amazing man my father was and how bravely he battled cancer.
22. For Mandy and her kids because she has the daughters I will never have so she shares hers with me.
23. For bloggers who keep me enlightened, entertained and make me think.
24. For the gift of story telling.
25. For books
26. For quiet time tonight to sit and knit.
27. For a husband that works hard and full time so that I can work only part time and be home for the kids.
28. For a tidy house and the privilege of being able to keep it so.
29. For children who come in and chat with me about their day.
30. For hugs at bedtime.

Thirty down.  970 to go!  Progress!  It is nice to sit here and think about the things that just today I've had a reason to be thankful for.  So often they are things that I take for granted, so it feels good to acknowledge them.

I promise pictures tomorrow as it is knitting day!  There is also a delightfully red tree in front of my house I plan on snapping a phot of in the morning!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment