Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sight and Sound


So, today, bus trip!  It was absolutely awesome.  I have seen one other production at Sight and Sound several years ago; "Noah", but I had forgotten the incredible theatrical experience it is.  This was, of course, the story of the first Christmas and you just have to see it to believe the magnitude of it.  The sets are amazing.  Live, on stage, we had: horses, camels, llamas, sheep, dogs, goats, doves and parrots.  We had actors dressed as angels descending from places in the ceiling.  By the end of the production, I had tears in my eyes.

I wish that I could show you pictures of the production itself, but of couse, that is prohibited.  But I did take a few others outside.

This was at the entrance to the theater, as well as this:



and once inside there was also plenty of Christmas eye candy:







The above is an "Advertisement" of their next show. which begins in May and is the story of Adam and Eve.  It looks amazing and we plan to go.

After the show, it was back on the bus, heading to Shady Maple Smorgasesbord for dinner.  I didn't mention that for our trip, we were in the middle of Pennsylvania Dutch County, and it was wonderful to see the horse drawn buggies everywhere we looked.  Dinner was good, way too filling and nearly sent a few of our guys into a coma:





They napped while the girls took in the ginormous gift shop downstairs.

It was a lovely day.  I got to catch up with friend and fellow blogger Stratcat, who was also on the trip as well as with some other church members that I didn't know that well before today.

A wonderful day.  I recommend it to anyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment