Friday, November 3, 2006

Stitches East


Wow.  Here I was thinking I was going to a little yarn market in Baltimore today!  Little yarn market was HUGE!  Probably very comparible to Maryland Sheep and Wool, but it seemed bigger as far as vendors were concerned because they were all right there in the same building.  I'm wondering if there will ever come a time when I will attend a big yarn event and not feel overwhelmed.



Pardon my dark pictures but my camera apparently has issues when not outside in sunlight.  But at least I think you can get an idea that this was an event of massive proportion.  Yarn everywhere, knitters everywhere, accessories everywhere.  Lisa was unable to attend due to a migraine, but Sheri and I wandered through the whole thing.  I was very restrained in my purchasing (pictures of that tomorrow!) and only bought three things though with unlimited funds, I could have gone quite mad. 



Knitters too tired to do anything but sit and knit for a bit.

I actually saw Chinchilla yarn today for $95 a hank.  Very soft, very pretty, but very expensive.  But I guess when you think about it, chinchilla's are kinda small and they are very hyperactive...shearing must be a pain!

Lots of good bargains (the worst bargain of the day was a $3 bottle of Diet Pepsi...highway robbery really) and just so much to see!  Notes for next year: No purse (a backpack perhaps) and no sweater!  It got really warm in there!



No comments:

Post a Comment