Thursday, November 9, 2006

One Thousand Things


I've been kind of lacking in the picture department of late, and I really need to get on that.  I think part of the problem is that while at Paige's b-day party last weekend, I got to use Mandy's camera to take some photos and I fell in love with it.  Now, the Brit and I are in discussions of getting one to share as our Christmas gift to each other. 

I love taking pictures and though I have enjoyed my first ever digital camera, my coolpix, this Canon feels much more comfortable as the feel of it so much resembles my 35mm (Which I think we are going to sell, even though it will be hard for me to part with).  The current zoom lens for my 35mm will work with the Canon digital, so that is a plus as well. 

Anyway, moving on.  I've looked a bit more closely at One Thousand Things and I suppose I need to get started.  I'll go obvious for a bit and then it will get a bit more specific as we work our way up the list.  What I am thankful for:

1. For my little house that provides us with shelter, stability and a place to grow a family.
2. For a neighborhood of friendly people who watch out for each other's kids.
3. For my church family.  For the first time in my life, I am as comfortable in my church as I am in my own bed.  I cherish every individual and look forward to seeing their faces on Sunday mornings.
4. For my very closest friends: Shell, Robyn, Lisa, Paula, Kelly and all the rest.  My gal pals rock my world and are a gift from God.
5. For my husband and soulmate, my best friend, the Brit.  I'm sure he sometimes feels under appreciated, but I love him with my entire heart and know that I am the luckiest girl in the world just for having him.
6. For my kids, who have been seriously taking on the task of teaching me patience.
7. For fall trees.  Their beauty steals my breath away.
8. For my six fur babies, who provide me with constant companionship, even when I am home alone.
9. Yarn
10. For a God that loves me unconditionally, even though I am not deserving.



No comments:

Post a Comment