Thursday, November 2, 2006

Day Two NaBloPoMo


Day two and not a clue what to talk about.  Actually, there are things I'd like to speak of but I need a bit more time to figure out how to say them. 

Anyway, tomorrow I am heading to Baltimore with Sheri and Lisa for Stitches East!  I'm not certain of what all that entails but I do know it involves yarn!  I had a few scary moments of not being sure if I'd be able to go as the kids only have a half day tomorrow, but my knight in shining armor volunteered to work from home so that he would be able to collect them when they arrive home from school.  Love my man!  So, I will take the camera and give ya'll a taste of what this yarn event is all about!

Two night ago was Halloween and our neighborhood does the Trick or Treat thing.  I have come to the conclusion that people have lost their minds a little bit.  I don't think I went Trick or Treating much past the age of 12.  However, I had 16 year olds and older on my porch to collect candy.  Many of them don't even bother with a costume, which to me says that they are all about the candy and don't want to have to put forth much effort.  Do you guys see this in your neighborhoods too?  Has the trick or treating age been raised since I was a kid? 

Anyway, JJ came up with his own idea for a costume this year.  He has been a really easy kid in regards to this holiday.  The first year we had him, he want to be Pooh, so we got him the Winnie the Pooh costume.  The second year, he wanted to be Pooh again, and luckily his costume still fit him (though barely).  Last year, he stayed with his theme but decided to be Tigger.  This year I have come to the conclusion that this was probably the last year for my youngest to be cute and cuddly.  This year, he wanted to be "evil Tigger".



And this was his idea for a costume.  Yes, he purposely asked for a Jason mask.  I'm kind of amused by the evil epitome of bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun is giving us a peace sign.

I tried to get a picture of Aaron, but he literally leaped into his costume and flew out the door to meet up with the neighbor kids and by the time he returned, he was sans mask and head cape thing.  He was a skeleton at any rate.

So with Halloween over and done with, I know it is nearly time for winter to set in and also time for the nightmare Chore responsibility (albeit kicking and screaming) of Christmas shopping to begin.  I also need to get my fingers flying on the knitting.



I thought I'd leave ya'll with a picture of the park across the way.  I should have captured it a few weeks ago when there were more autumn leaves on the trees, but ya know, it's still pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment