Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sleepy Blogging


I had a pretty busy weekend so I'm pretty tired tonight!  Knitted with my girls yesterday and today was church and I did some flower planting after a trip to Lowes.  Though I feel like I didn't even have surgery not even two weeks ago, I still feel like my butt is kicked at the end of the day!

So, how am I doing?  Amazingly well.  I have no pain, I'm tolerating everything I'm eating, even though it has to be the consistancy of applesauce.  Gotta tell ya, I pureed stew tonight and it was good, once I got past the way it LOOKED!  It reminded me of cat food.  I'm learning what full feels like now as it is not the same as before.  I am being very careful to get all my vitamins in, and to supplement my protein with at least one shake for breakfast.  I am so gonna kick ass in this whole WLS thing!

And so far, I'm down 14 pounds in less than two weeks.  I can't see it much yet, other than in my face a little.  I'm doing what I have told other post-ops not to do and that is get on the scale every morning, but ya know, it's kind of like a new toy.  There is also the fact that I feel FINE, so it's a little hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I could possibly be losing weight.  But I am and it's terribly exciting.

What has been funny, have been a few interesting comments.

From my youngest son to my husband: "So how skinny is mom gonna be when she gets home?"

From a 15 year old in the youth group to Kirk: "So Kim is going to be skinny when we see her?"

And the best one, from a woman in her sixties who is in my mom's TOPS group, "So, how much fat did they take out of her?"

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I'm sleepy now!



No comments:

Post a Comment