Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Rant


It's been one of those afternoons where my children are fully aware of the fact that their father isn't home.  In a nutshell, they are being total disrespective little toads.  

Eight is the worst age ever because JJ thinks he knows everything and he has the same mean streak that Aaron had at eight.  Aaron spent time getting two stretchy cable thingies (they have a real name but it escapes me) that JJ threw up into a tree a few weeks ago, only for JJ to decide to try to throw one of them back up into the tree.  Aaron took this opportunity to shove him, which made JJ drop his poptart and he came in crying and Aaron came in complaining.  I told them both off (one for being nasty and throwing things and the other for shoving).  But it still continues.  Everytime Aaron comes in the door it has to do with money.  He wanted posters for his room, and it took me a bit to get them, partially because we weren't sure if the Brit's friends brought him back posters from Nascar and partly because I had a terrible time finding stuff he would like.  But we got them, mounted them, and I hung them on Sunday.  Now, he wants brake pads for his bike because his are worn out (something is always worn out on his bike!  I swear, when I was a kid, I lived on my bike and I only ever needed something when I actually outgrew the bike!).  I told him as he lives to make skid marks in the road (thus the wearing out of the brake pads) and as he has money, he could replace them.  This resulted in an argument, which I quickly told him I was over.  Now he is on about some kind of Aeresol gun (I don't even know what this is or if I am spelling it right) as he has apparently told JJ he was going to buy himself one.  I tell ya now, if it actually shoots stuff out of it, it isn't happening here! (I just Googled it.  Apparently, it is a pellet gun.  Just how loudly can I say NO!).  All this fun and I still get to take them to praise band practice with me.  Yippee.

I cleaned the bathroom top to bottom today and oh yeah, next Thursday my new tub/shower happens!  I also have a meatloaf in the oven to freeze, so that is two meals down.  I'd still like to get a couple of more in the freezer, just to make everyone's lives easier, even mine, after surgery.

After Dinner

The fun continued at dinner as Aaron did not bring home the homework assignment I asked him about last night.  This has been a new rule as we found out he was simply not doing parts of his homework, so now all homework must come home or he is grounded the next day.  So now he is sulking because he is grounded tomorrow for not bothering to bring it home.  Two hours and forty-five minutes till their bedtimes. 

I'm still pmsing and I wonder if it is taking forever to arrive because I'm stressing as we are at T minus Two weeks as of today. 

/rant



No comments:

Post a Comment