Wednesday, April 9, 2008

T Minus Holy Crap


So today has been a bit better but I think probably because I got minimal sleep last night and I am just too tired to be all that high strung today.  Last night was good though at praise band rehearsal because PK was there.  PK as we call her, is our former pastor's daughter who is sixteen and she is a hoot and a hollar, and as I am convinced I have the mentality of a sixteen year old, we had a total blast, just being giggly and silly.  It burned up some of my nervous energy and was a God send!

I wanted to share this from a friend and I thought it was just one of the neatest things anyone has sent me in regards to my surgery:

"I know we are of different faiths, yet we are both Christians.   Right now, your name is on the prayer rolls of every Temple in the world ......126, in all, with hundreds of people praying for you in each of those Temples.     I'm keeping your name in until you are fully recovered and doing well."

Is that not totally amazing?  It gave me goosebumps when I first read it and I was reminded of just how blessed I am with the people who surround me, both in person and through this marvelous invention called the internet.

My final grocery shop was accomplished today and I hope I have everything.  I think I do. I feel like everything is picking up speed now as the weekend is nearly here.  We went out to Wings tonight as we tend to do on Wednesdays as they have fifty cent leg night and ninety-nine cent kid's meals on this day of the week.  When we left, I knew it was my last time for a long time and it came as quite a relief to me in a way.  There was no regret.

And in closing, can I say KUDOS to American Idol tonight for ending their Idol Gives Back night with "Shout to the Lord".  Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment