Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Think the Tide is Turning


I woke up today feeling like dirt and from the time I got out of bed, I started trying to figure out how fast I could get back into it.  I went to work and left after staff meeting (about a half hour early) and came home and went directly to bed for three hours.  Woke up still feeling wretched, but moved my pity party downstairs to watch Ellen and Dr. Phil.  Somewhere during the course the evening, I've started to feel more human, though my barely healed stomach muscles are sore once again from all the coughing I've been doing.  I just hope the feeling better keeps up as this weekend is Maryland Sheep and Wool and ya'll know how I feel about that!  Time to buy yarn and knitting gadgets!

Still doing well on the WLS front.  Two protein shakes a day, plus today I had some pureed chicken corn soup and more pureed crab and shrimp.  Tomorrow, I may give some chili a try, though I am not a huge chili fan, but it is high in protein.  I really need to get back to walking too, but again, this cold must go first as I barely had it in me to sit upright today, yet alone walk.  I'm still not up to six meals a day, but I think I am getting in close to enough fluids.  I'm trying so hard to do everything right as I want to be a success story.  That is so amazingly important to me.

In other news, we are finally *this* close to calling a new pastor!  We've pretty much been without one for two and a half years now and we have interviewed an individual that our Call Committee and Council very much liked.  So, all that is left is for him to preach next month and then the congregation votes.  Prayers are welcome because it has been a long, hard road for our little church, but with God's amazing grace, we have come through it all closer than ever and with a continually growing faith intact. 

Okay, I'm going to go nurse myself back to health a bit more!



No comments:

Post a Comment