Thursday, May 1, 2008

Post Op Update


16 days post op and I'm down 17 pounds.  I'm a wee bit amazed as it feels as if I'm not even trying.  But then again, I guess that is what makes this whole thing so successful.  I'm almost afraid to say this, but...it almost feels too easy.  I'm not really hungry other than a little bit in the morning until I eat.  My food has been going down easily.  My energy level is slowly getting back to normal.  If I have to taste one more banana in a protein shake, I'm going to hurl, so I bought strawberries today to change things up a bit.  I had some turkey chili for dinner with a little bit of 2% cheddar on it and it was yummy.  It's so weird, because I am eating these little amounts and I have to eat it really slowly and it is amazing how aware I am of how good it tastes.  I stop eating the second my new pouch tells me it is full as I have no desire to experience dumping again. 

My cold is getting better now as I have felt much better today thankfully. Still a little coughing and some occasional sneezing, but yesterday was just what I needed; a nice little rest.

Send some love over to Kim, who was laid off today and oh how I remember that feeling from being downsized in 2001.  God is opening doors for her, of that I am certain!  But still, when you don't see it coming, it can leave you in shock, but I have no doubt that for Kim blessings will soon abound!



No comments:

Post a Comment