Monday, May 19, 2008

Learning the Ropes update


As of today:  28 pounds lost.

I realized today that I could take off my jeans without unbuttoning or unzipping them and they used to be tight.  Yes, I am easily amused but I think they will be heading to eBay soon.

I am still struggling with protein because I just don't eat enough yet.  I did buy some single protein bars at The Walmart today and so far, I have tried a Slimfast one that I liked, but it has the least amount of protein of the ones I purchased at 15 grams.  I'll grab another one in the morning and see how it goes.  I did manage most of a salad tonight with 2% cheese, turkey and ham (for the protein) and it was really good.  I had been craving a salad for the last few weeks.

The problem is I want to eat snacky stuff more than meals because my appetite right now is so small.  My menu for the day consisted of:

1 Special K bar for one gram of protein
1 pack oatmeal for 4 grams of protein
2 slices reduced fat string cheese for 12 grams
1 protein bar for 15 grams
1 slice turkey and one slice ham for 8 grams

Total of 40 grams of protein, which isn't as far off as I thought.  I should be taking in 60-80 grams, so I'm only 20 grams away from the low end of the protein scale.  If I can hit something with more protein for breakfast, I'll be in much better shape, but I just don't have time to do any cooking in the morning during the week.  Maybe I should go buy some steak and cut it into three ounce portions as that would give me 21 grams per serving.  Tuna is another possibility I'll have to try tomorrow to boost things up a bit.  What about peanut butter?  Can I try it yet?

Fluid-wise, I am doing okay.  Not too far off the 64 ounces but still not quite there.  Not drinking with meals is really hard, but I'm doing it, though I will occasionally take one teeny tiny sip with a meal if my mouth gets dry. 

Learning the rules is easy but applying them takes a bit more effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment