Friday, May 30, 2008

Lists


Okay, I am trying for a real blog post tonight as everything has finally settled down.  The Brit is home and continues to do better each day.  He was awake more than he was asleep today, which is very good four days post op.  

My To Do list for around the house is growing now that warmer weather is finally here.  Tomorrow, I want to refinish my rocking chairs on the back porch and spray paint my wicker front porch furniture, as it is in dire need of a fresh coat of paint.  My walk-in closet needs a really good and thoughtful cleanout, meaning "what will I never ever wear again?" and "what is worth eBaying and what should just go to the church yard sale?"  Also, while The Brit is home, his clothing needs to be gone through to get rid of anything that is stained to death as he tends to use them as grunge or work shirts.   But as he will be dropping weight, I see no need to keep them. 

I also need to make a pact with myself to really start exercising.  Yes, I am relatively active physically, but it is not the same thing as deliberate exercise.  I have a lovely park across the street that to walk around it is a mile and I need to get on that after this weekend.  This weekend is
Blues Fest and the park will be packed, so there will be lots of traffic.

Exercise is the one thing I have been really putting off, though I do a good bit of walking just in my daily activities.  My days have been so full with work, learning how to eat, and getting ready for The Brit's surgery.  I started out well.  The two weeks following surgery, I was walking a lot, but then Hibernation Syndrome hit me and then we went to Florida (though I did lots of walking there!).  But with some things coming up this summer that are going to require me to have lots of energy (a mission trip in four weeks.  Can I say again how happy I am to be going??) I need to work on building up my resistance and taking total advantage of this surgery.  Gonna do it.  Gonna get there.



No comments:

Post a Comment