Saturday, May 3, 2008

Trying to take back control


So today started out much the way yesterday ended; no desire to grind up food and even a new protein shake grossed me out.  I spent the morning on the verge of tears, not too sure of what to do to get through the next two weeks in a semi-healthy way. As you know, my goal has been to be a success, and I was feeling anything but successful.  Add to that the fact that I was bored out of my mind and being bored makes me mentally want to eat and well, it was not pretty here today.

But this afternoon, I headed out and brought some plain protein powder; no flavor.  Then a trip to the grocery store where I searched and managed to come up with some alternatives:

Canned chicken: grind it up a little, heat it up, add some cheese.
Sugar free jam sweetened with Splenda: to add to my cottage cheese to mix it up a little.
More turkey chilli: The one thing that has been tasting good.
Sugar free ice cream: Screw the protein drinks; I'm making a protein milkshake.
Riccotta cheese and spaghetti sauce: not exactly a pizza, but carries the essence of one.
Frozen peaches, strawberries and mixed berries, again,for the shakes

So, I'm hoping these things will help with the next two weeks.  Now I just have to decide what to pack to go with me to Sheep and Wool tomorrow and I'll be all set. 

This has definately been the hardest part so far. The first two weeks post-op seemed really easy.  The first week being liquids and I just wasn't hungry or in the mood to eat, but the stuff was easy and mindless to eat.  The first week of pureed-must-be-the-consistancy-of-applesauce wasn't too bad, but by the end of this week, it was just old, boring, and a lot of work; both to figure out what to have and to fix it.  But I know I just have to tuck in and git 'er done.

I've looking forward to the festival tomorrow.  I need a change of venue.



No comments:

Post a Comment