Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Short and to the point...


...because I am exhausted.

Well, things did not go exactly as planned, but we knew this could be an option.  The Brit did not have RNY today.  He had a gastric sleeve instead.  Basically, the surgeon made his stomach smaller, but could not do the bypass part of the surgery yet, simply due to not having the room to work inside without doing his surgery as open (one large incision).  Because The Brit is diabetic, open would not be a good thing due to risk of infection, etc.  So, with the sleeve, he will lose weight and once he loses about 100lbs, they can go back in and do a revision for the bypass part.  

They put him in the ICU for the night just to monitor his breathing and I just called and he is doing fine and yes, they had him up and walking. 

Today was very long as we were up at 5:30am and didn't leave Baltimore until about 7:10 this evening.  From there it is nearly an hour and a half drive home and then I had to run to the grocery store for some things and hand my leg over to the gas station to put fuel in my tank to go to Baltimore tomorrow.  I'm going to work for a bit in the morning and then we'll head up after rush hour. 

I'll keep ya'll informed and keep those prayers coming!



No comments:

Post a Comment