Monday, May 12, 2008

Air Boating Cypress Lake


Okay, so it was a little on the expensive side, but well worth the money for the hour ride. 

I had just said yesterday that I had not seen an armadillo since we were first here in 1998 and we all wondered where they had gone.  We used to see them walking along the side of the road.  But today, while waiting for our airboat, JJ found these little guys.



Three of them total under the deck and what blew me away was how friendly they were!  I'm thinking they were pretty young, though we didn't see a mama.





Of course, I was freaking out, afraid one might attack him, but I was vetoed by the rest of the world.

We did see some gators:



And some birds:





And a mama Moor Hen with babies:



As well as some beautiful scenery:



A good time was had by all:



There are more photos and I'll get them up on Flickr when I get home, but I thought I'd give you all a taste of beautiful goodness of today!




No comments:

Post a Comment