Saturday, May 10, 2008

We have arrived


So we are here in delightfully sunny and warm Orlando.  It is so nice to be warm for a change, even though The Brit is less than pleased by the warm temps.  It takes me forever to get winter out of my bones each year and it hasn't gotten warm enough yet in Maryland to rid me of the chill.  This week should do it for me.

We stayed in DC last night and took the kids sightseeing after dark, which left us not getting back to the hotel until about 11:00pm.  Then, The Brit and I were sharing a double bed which was tight quarters, so I wound up actually moving to the floor to sleep as I could not get comfortable.  It wasn't the best night's sleep I'd ever had, but I figure it was at least somewhat better for both of us to have some room.  Needless to say, today I am exhausted and we are still waiting for the inlaws to arrive. 

We didn't do much today other than fly, lunch, swim and grocery shop.  Eating has been interesting for me but seems to be going okay.  I ordered a chicken parmesean sandwich for lunch today after confirming that the chicken was not fried.  I didn't eat the bread of course, and managed to eat about 1/4 of it and brought the rest home.  I did buy my healthy foods once we hit the grocery store, but again, I know I am not getting in enough protein and am not sure of how to rectify the situation as I hate the protein drinks.  I can eat such tiny amounts that I'm sure I am nowhere near 60 grams of protein a day.  The choices I do make, I try to make sure are fairly high in protein, but still I know I am not nearing the numbers.  How did you post-ops handle this?  Were you getting it all in this early in the game? Should I be concerned?

Okay, there is your update for today as I'm sleepy.  Robyn, hope all my critters are doing well and give my Micah-Moo some special loving for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment