Friday, May 9, 2008

Hitting the Road Tonight


So we've decided that we are going to drive to DC tonight to stay in a hotel close to the airport for two reasons.  One is that our flight is at 8:55am and to leave from home would mean getting up at around 5:00am.  The other reason is that our hotel will allow us to leave the car parked there all week and they will shuttle us to and from the airport.  Works for me.

As of this morning I am down 22 pounds, though I really need to stay away from that scale everyday!  Thankfully, this week I will get a scale vacation too as I don't want to weigh in on any other scale besides mine, so it will be interesting to see how much I lose on vacation!  Usually folks gain on vacation so this will be my first losing trip!  I haven't decided yet when to do before and after pics.  Two months?  Three?  I just don't think one month is going to SHOW that big a difference and to show Afters, I have to show you the dreaded Before shots and the thought of that makes me cringe!

Meg and I are planning to meet up at some point in Florida and that should be exciting.  I'll be sure to take pics! 


Many of you know that I am a fan of Karen Kingsbury's books, especially the Baxter Family Series.  In her book "Summer" the topic of the death of an infant due to anencephaly was dealt with.  Anecephaly is a neural tube defect that is always fatal and at best, the infant may have a few days before being called Home to Heaven. I read that chapter in the book with tears streaming down my face and trying to hide behind the book itself as the Brit kept kept giving me odd glances. 

Anyway, I was poking around Karen's site today to see when the last book in the series was being released and I read one of her journal entries about her reader's reactions to the anencephaly storyline.  It touched the hearts of many women who had lost babies, but my favorite was this YouTube video.  Though sad and you will probably cry, it is such a celebration of life, no matter how short that life is.  That was what touched my heart; the way this family chose to celebrate the life of their son.  It's truly beautiful and reminds me that all life is God given and all life is a gift.





No comments:

Post a Comment