Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Foreshadowing


So I went out to the mall tonight in seach of a new purse/bag/whatever you call them in your corner of the world.  I walked the whole mall, just taking advantage of the time alone to window shop and poke around in a few clothing stores.

In one store, I ran into an old friend who is now about 1/4 of her size when I last saw her several years ago.  Turns out, she had RNY in 2005 and lost about 160 pounds.  We chatted and she knew about my surgery as we know mutual people even though she and I had not seen each other in a long time.  I asked her if she was glad she had done it and she was very much, hands down, absolutely.  She did tell me that before surgery she was someone who "loved to eat" and that now, overeating, made her feel so bad that she no longer felt that way, but that she wouldn't trade the way she feels physically now for any amount or kind of food in the world.  This surgery obviously changes the way you look at a lot of things.

I left Mindy and popped into American Eagle, a store I love and have never been able to shop in because I am just too big to fit into their clothes.  I found a delightful bag in there and bought it and for some reason was just giddy with happiness at being able to buy something in that store.  I'm guessing that part of it was the knowledge that one day soon I will be able to buy much more than a purse in AE and knowing that makes me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment