Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wow


One would not think that one car wash would kick my butt quite so badly, but man-o-day I am tired!  I have not washed cars as a fund raiser since high school and I had forgotten just how much WORK it was!  We had a constant stream of cars from 10:45 until we quit at 2:00, but our goal was $500 and we made that goal (the secret is always do car washes "By donation". We had some folks who gave us $6 but others who gave us $20.).  Add to that one special donation by a church member and our grand total for the day was $1003.00.  We are also getting two matching contributions of $500 each, so that brings our total up to two grand today, which means that none of the kids have to pay their own way on the trip and our gasoline is also covered!

My in laws arrived from Florida today,so we all went out for hibachi tonight.  They let me order off the kid's menu and I got scallops.  Didn't eat any of my rice or veggies (protein first) though I would have loved some of the veggies, but I was just too full.  It was delicious though and it went down easily. 

Tomorrow is church and Pastor L's last Sunday with us as our new pastor starts next week.  I'll miss her but am looking forward to permanence for a change. 



No comments:

Post a Comment