Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baaaaaa


Today was a good day.

I did however, give up on the protein shakes after mixing up one this morning with the "non-flavored" (yeah right) powder and like half a bag of frozen peaches to have the stupid thing taste and smell like "non-flavored" protein powder.  I mixed up a Carnation Instant Breakfast and hit the road.

Sunday is the day to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool (MDSW) because this morning it was not crowded at all.  We have always gone on Saturday before and it is packed from the word "Go" but this morning was great!  We got through the busiest building before the church crowd hit which left us with only the smaller buildings to go through once the place was busier.  I bought a show sweatshirt and a tshirt, both in sizes too small for me now, but I'm thinking by the time it is cool enough to wear that sweatshirt...   Woot!  Bought myself a vest pattern and the yarn to go with it, again smaller size but as I am the slowest knitter ever, wearing it when it is finished will not be a problem!

But had a great day with Kelly and Shelley and we even ran into Lisa who was on her way back from a wedding in New Jersey.  The weather was perfect; not hot and a lovely breeze blowing.  A perfect day.

Eating wise, it wasn't too bad.  Some vanilla egg custard and some chicken salad that I took to the festival.  Then when I got home, the Brit had taken the kids out for sushi and had brought some home, so I ate the middle out of three pieces of Philidelphia roll.  OMG, that was wonderful, even without the rice and the seaweed.  Then I had a bit more of my eggdrop soup and am now sipping on some light orange juice.  I've decided I can handle the Carnation and it does have a fair amount of protein in it, but the shakes, I need to back off of for a bit as they are doing my head in.  Whoever thought that how good of a day you had depended on if you could stomach a stupid protein shake!  I just need to alleviate some of the pressure while still following what I'm supposed to be doing as closely as possible. 

This is such a day to day thing and today was a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment