Sunday, April 13, 2008

T minus Almost There


I'm starting to think that when this whole thing is said and done, I will look back and decide that the worst part of the whole pre-op experience was the lack of sleep the week before!  I'm tellin' ya, it is killing me!  The last time I slept well or long enough was Thursday night and the lack of sleep leaves me with a headache that lasts all day long.  I'm hoping that tonight it will all catch up to me and I'll sleep well as tomorrow night, that will definately be out of the question unless someone hits me over the head with a hammer.

Last night and today was nice.  Last night, Paula, John, Kelly, Robyn and four of the youth group kids had hibatchi with us at Nikkos.  It was delicious, the company was fabulous and most of the gang came back to our place for awhile afterwards.  It was a welcome distraction for me, full of fun and laughter.  Today in Sunday school, the youth kids prayed over me for a safe surgery and so did the Sunday School teachers later following a meeting.  It's so awe inspiring to feel the outpouring of love from those around me and I remember how truly blessed I am. 

Tomorrow, I work and wait for the phone call that will tell me what time I need to be at the hospital on Tuesday, and then home to to tidy up a few things and worry some more.  Big plans, ya'll, big plans.



No comments:

Post a Comment