Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Awry


It has not been a good day.

Day began with Eldest Child going to school, walking right into the nurses office, do not pass class, do not collect $200, to say he wanted to go home.  The purpose of the bus ride in?  No idea in hell.  So, after speaking with him and explaining to him that I could not leave him home alone and I could not NOT go to work with an impending surgery next week, I got ready for work and to go pick him up.  While I was doing my hair, The Brit's cat decided to piss on the bath mat right in front of me.  This cat rarely ever does this, but sometimes he just gets a wild hair or something.  So, up comes the mat and down to the wash it goes.

Went and picked up Eldest Child (who I had already scheduled a 11:15 doctor's appt for btw) and went to the church with him.  On going outside to throw a box in the dumpster, I forgot how to walk and twisted my foot in my clog and went down.  So right knee, very sore, but left foot on the top?  Totally swollen and black and blue, but I can walk on it and move my toes pain free, (walking is NOT pain free, it hurts like hell) so I don't think it is broken.

Also spoke to TN about this thing with the Eldest Child and the wife told me that she thought Eldest Child had pnemonia (thus explaining for me anyway why he thought he was dying today).  I explained that though I was not upset that he had stayed with them, I was upset that no one called us to let us know.  She stated "Well, we assumed you were going to call the grandmother to check on the kids and you would have found out then."  Excuse me?  We were gone one night and when the kids are with the grandparents, we don't worry about them.  So now she is trying to make us look like bad parents.  Unbelievable.  I told Eldest Child that I don't want him up there again, which means we need a different plan for the day of my surgery in case I have to stay the night.  The Brit was talking about getting a hotel down there and Shell was going to intercept the kids for us after school and then TN were going to take them for the night, but hell, if TN take them for the night, who knows where the kids could end up!

Then took the Eldest Child to the doctor and basically, he has a cold; no pnemonia, no strept throat.  Just a cold.  I know he doesn't feel good but what it is about the male of the species and illness (sorry, Brit, stop reading now)?  I had the same cold and went to DC for the day.  This kid has been wandering around looking like the walking dead.  Then again, I am also totally frustrated with him right now.

Tomorrow, I am praying he is going to go to school and stay there.  I have my pre-op testing doc appt at 9:20 and one of the cats has shots at 1:00 (which I may cancel as I really need to limp to the grocery store on my bad foot).  Of course, until I can walk, the gym is out.

It has just been a red letter day all the way around!



4 comments:

  1. Maybe The Brit can handle the oldest tomorrow if he's sick?

    I'm so sorry this day hasn't started off well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee...things have to start looking up soon. One of my cats is peeing right on the kitchen floor in the doorway - if I step in that stuff ONE MORE TIME!! I don't know which one it is yet though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Kim
    Sorry to know your days have been pretty hard this week - especially because of your fall:( Gosh, sometimes I wish we could rewind the week!
    I'll be praying for my Kitty sister to have some peace and get better from the swollen knee and foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes... I'm so sorry - I have to say that your neighbor is unbelieveable! I'd avoid them at all costs!

    ReplyDelete