Saturday, February 28, 2009

Love it when I'm right


So yes, I definitely turned the corner today and am feeling much better.  Still taking my pain meds on schedule, especially due to the pain of yesterday without them, but starting Monday morning, I have to go without them during the day anyway.  But by then, I should be pretty good and only need them at night to help me sleep comfortably.  I miss sleeping on my side (Tried again this afternoon, but still way not comfortable even with the meds), but the pain pills allow me to sleep on my back.

Along with my turning the corner today, I have had the worst case of spring fever ever.  I am longing to get outside to bike ride, garden, clean out my shed, keep a chair in the back of my car to stop at the park on my way home from work to read, etc.   I would also love to try my hand at hiking and there are still those horseback riding lessons to consider.

We are also planning our vacation for this summer to be to California, which excites me to no end.  We are talking about flying into San Francisco, and I have never been there, and then driving the coast to San Diego, where my brother and his family lives.  I have not been home in so long and I am just really excited about this trip.  It would also be a long vacation for us; probably two weeks. It would also include plenty of ocean, which is one of my favorite things and lots of great stuff to photograph.

I just think this summer is going to be one of the best in my life.  Last summer, I was just beginning to lose weight after my surgery, but now I am a completely different person physically and a bit mentally as well (just ask my mom ).  I am able to do more and my confidence is so much better.  Summertime is also puts me in my element; warmth, so I'm just really looking forward to doing and feeling some things I never have before.

Does that make any sense?



2 comments: