Monday, February 9, 2009

Gotta Vent


I have mentioned before that I am a bottler, meaning I bottle my emotions instead of letting them flow freely in a healthy way.  I do this because I hate confrontation and bickering, so my blog has become my venting post and you all my ventees and if the person I am venting about just so happens to read this, well, be happy I hold my tongue when I'm angry/annoyed etc and let it out here instead.  Keeps a much happier household that way.

I really, really, really try to make things convenient for people.  When someone says they wishes they had time to do something, say like, going to the gym, I try to find a way to make that happen for the person.  All I ask for is a schedule so that I can make something for dinner that doesn't require being on a timer.  I can slow cook and then it is ready whenever said someone gets home and it isn't burnt or overcooked or dry.  So yes, what nights someone is going to be later does matter.  If I use all my slow cooker stuff on non-gym nights, it kind of defeats the purpose of pre-planning meals to work around certain things.

So when I ask if someone is going to the gym tomorrow and I get growled at that the person doesn't know, yes, it annoys me.  If someone is going to the gym, then I need to get something defrosted TONIGHT so I can have it in the crockpot and cooking by the time I leave for work in the morning.  Unfortunately, that whole waving the magic wand thing doesn't really work in real life; some preparation is required on my part.  All I am asking someone else to do is to let me know their plans and if they haven't decided yet, to please make a decision as I would rather not ask a second time later and risk being growled at again.  That's just simple self-preservation, gang.

Okay, venting over and I feel better now.



3 comments:

  1. OR you could just cook based on what you DO know and let him eat dried out reheated food when he gets home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Meg on this one - it's what I *do*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with the other ladies... but I know how frustrating it is. Not only because of dinner, but because you want for him to help himself... sometimes I find that for me it's better to say nothing and let him figure it out on his own... like by eating dried out food, or watching me succeed without him... it's really an incredible motivator.

    ReplyDelete