Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Apologies


I know, I know, I have been doing a buttload of complaining on this blog of late.  I don't mean to; things have just been so freakin' weird! 

I decided today that nothing makes me feel more like my inner obese girl than limping around because I have managed, once again, to be a klutz.  My foot is a bit better today; swelling down some, still black and blue around my toes, but not quite as painful as yesterday.  But I am still walking slow and with a limp.  I also have to go down stairs one at a time which really bothers me now.  102 pounds ago, I used to do that because of my horrible knees as they protested about having to carry 315 pounds down steps, but now, I pretty much dash down them, unless of course, I decide to be a klutz.  I like being able to happily trot down steps like a normal person.

It's just amazing how something so minor can make me feel like that 315 pound girl again.  No matter how I try to forget her, some things just bring her back to the forefront of my mind.

So, I really need to get off the computer and go ice my foot some more.  The steps are calling my name!



2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Kim about wanting to forget "Her" but she has an awful lot of value...don't ever fully let her go...as much as she may disgust you or even shame you, she is still part of who you are, for she helped shape who you are becoming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jil, Kim. Don't forget her - because she is your path to recovery... you've got to remember so that you don't see her again in reality. It also keeps you connected to any opportunity to use your story to inspire others. :-) I totally get what you're saying though!

    ReplyDelete