Monday, February 23, 2009

Responsibility


I need to learn that I cannot be responsible for what anyone else does.  I don't have to like it, it might make me feel about half sick when I fear old habits are resurfacing, but I have to accept that it is not my issue. 

Sometimes opening one's mouth to say something can be worse than just letting things go as they are.  It sucks and I hate it but sometimes people have to figure things out for themselves.  Keep reminding me of this, ok?  I'm praying every day that things will turn around soon and I'll see improvement.  Yeah, I know this is cryptic, but it needs to be.

I have to be in Baltimore tomorrow morning at 11:10 and my surgery is scheduled between 2:10-4:15.  I'll post a note on Facebook for Friends only with The Brit's cell number for anyone who wants to check in, but wait until at least 5:30 to call, I'd say.  One of us will also be updating the blog.  I don't foresee any issues, but ya'll know that going under anesthesia is always a risk.

Say a little prayer for me if you will!  I'll see you on the other side of Tuesday!



5 comments:

  1. Hey - I hope that you're alright - I'd hate for you to go into surgery feeling anything other than peace. I've posted a prayer for you that will go up first thing in the morning - so check it out if you have time before you leave for the hospital. Just know that the C&P girls will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I'm praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts all day long.

    Lots of good thoughts coming to you ...who forever keeps giving good thoughts to all of us.
    Luv,Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to get me on Facebook one way or another, aren't you? :) jk. Been thinkin' about you and hoping for nothing but a burp-free existence. Or less burp-y, anyway. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your head is in the right place--you're right, you can't force someone to make changes they aren't ready to make! Just take care of you. :)

    Praying for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers being said as we speak...

    xoxo...Jil

    ReplyDelete